what is a usb to serial adapter cable used for?
The USB-to-serial adapter cable has USB connector on one end and at least one (possibly more) serial connector on the other end.
Start the USB to the serial adapter in 3 simple steps:
- Download and install the driver for your specific converter.
- Insert the converter into the USB port of the computer.
- Connect the serial device to the converter.
Now, although your computer does not have a physical COM port, you can still interact with the serial device. This method requires that your computer has an available USB port.
- Ideal for IT administrators who want to add Legacy features to new laptops, PCs, and servers that lack integrated RS232 ports;
- Connect monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment;
- Connect barcode scanner, receipt printer and other point-of-sale devices;
- Connect LED and digital sign board through serial communication port and program it;
- Connect satellite receiver, serial modem or PDU;
- Provides ideal connections to Modems, PDA, Digital Camera, Label printer or ISDN terminal adapters.
Advantages of UTECH FTDI USB to serial cable:
- FTDI chipsets are highly customizable and compatible, making them an ideal solution for any setting;
- Portable USB-powered design without heavy power adapters or sockets;
- Simple installation and operation with COM port reservation provide powerful serial connection for legacy devices;
- Port Powered – No External Power Needed, Supports All RS-232C Signals: TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, RI and GND.
See UTECH FTDI USB to RS232 Cable Models as below: